6/25/13

GH ch02 / progress part 1 // 10/41 pages

CHAPTER 2: SAMURAI GETS BACK TO TWERK, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
♫♪ Listening to: Thundercat - Evangelion ♫♪
(If you like jazz and some awesome bass-playing, you should listen to Thundercat. Both his albums are really good. This song is my favorite off of his new album, Apocalypse.)
Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating in a while, and missing two more Fridays! I actually had a freelance web design gig that finished last week. So I've been working on getting myself motivated to get back into working on chapter 2.

See the end of this post for the (almost) final ink.
Oh yeah, the final ink for this one is also in this post. Awesome!
Anyways, after graduating it was super hard to gain the motivation to work hard again. And actually work on my own terms instead of the ultra-rushed schedule that was thesis. It took all of May for me to make the thumbnails. Compare that to taking just a week to do chapter 1's thumbnails. Geez.

 I did start the first page in May, but oh boy - the combo of web design nightmares and wave of laziness is a fearsome one.
I barely touched the pages for roughly half of this month. I can't believe this is the last week of June! I keep telling myself "SAMURAI, YOU NEED TO STEP IT UP," it's awful. 
Handletterin' yo.

So I've been pushing myself as of last week to get out at least a page a day, and setting up a page for the next day. So far so good, I guess. I'm going to shut up and make you look at the other screenshots now.
Basically how I feel about…too many things. Ha!

Don't underestimate patting hands. This took a lot of redraws.
Charlie is such a little bitch with his tiny moe hands.
(Note: "moe-ay" is how you should pronounce that.)

Waving Liam is always the cutest. And of course I moved him away from those bleed guides after this shot was taken.
I plan to make progress posts every 10 pages I do, so look forward to those future posts!
Don't forget, I'm selling .pdf/eBook copies of Glass Hearts chapter 1 for $6! Check it out!

No comments: