11/14/12

you're my friend, no matter what

(Sketch circa January 1st, 2012.)

So I decided that I should introduce my comics to this blog, because let's be clear: I am so about comics. I made smaller comics when I was younger, started a webcomic when I was 15, self-published a compilation book for my high school graduation project at 17, and flash forward to now, I want to be a comic book artist.

This comic, Glass Hearts, is one of two long comics I've been readying to publish for years. Here's a summary:

After two years, a 16-year-old Charlie McDermott returns to his hometown and to his previous friends. Many things have changed, some things haven't. Old wounds will resurface, and new wounds will possibly appear as well.

This comic is essentially what has led me to learn more about people, sexuality, and how the latter doesn't really matter. I've reflected what I've learned into this comic. With the webcomic version (still online at Smackjeeves and the Duck), I'm continually surprised by how my writing has come across to readers, and their feelings. That makes it all the more fulfilling for me.

No comments: